About Me

My photo
Im a chill kinna guy. Really adventurous and hate staying home. I always have to be doing something outside. I like to fish, surf, dive and i attend boxing.

DownTime

Thursday, December 9, 2010

How To Make Your Bottom Time Longer

          When you start to dive you'll find out that in order to shoot more fish you need to stay down longer. These are some tips of my own and that I learned to help myself have a longer breath.
          Before you even start to dive down for fish on the paddle out you should take a couple practice dives. This will get your lungs ready for when you really need them the most. When I find a good spot to dive down I take a couple really deep breaths and I try to let all my air out of my lungs. Right after that I take in one really big gulp of air. The point of this is to try and let out all your air and suck it all back in at one time. On the way down DO NOT RUSH YOURSELF! The key to a longer bottom time is relaxation. The more relaxed you are the less energy you use up. Try to let your weight belts take you down by themselves without paddling with your fins. When you finally reach the bottom try to make your movements as minimum as possible. Remember, the less energy you use the better.
          If you keep this up I guarantee you that you will get a better down time. I myself is still working at it and need improvements. Till next time, HANAPA'A!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment